We are currently seeking an individual to join our staff in Santa Fe. The position requires a passion for innovation in the fields of environmental and social sustainability and a natural interest in problem solving.
POSITION: ARCHITECT/DESIGNER I (Full time)
This full time position supports the principal and collaborates with existing staff to develop and implement innovative design solutions that meet the highest standards of environmental and social sustainability within our built environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include a broad range of design and administrative tasks in response to project and organizational needs.
Candidate will assist in taking various building types from conceptual design through construction administration, coordinating consultants and tasks, designing, detailing & drafting, developing presentation materials, researching materials communicating with suppliers, coordinating project and office documents, and attending client meetings.
- All responsibilities require an attention to detail and organization.
- An ability to prioritize tasks and maintain productivity while engaged on multiple concurrent projects is an important qualification.
- Strong technical proficiency with Revit is a requirement.
- We also us Sketch-up, Adobe Suite, Excel, and common Mac software such as numbers, pages, etc.
- An understanding of construction detailing and high performance building approaches.
- An interest in the advancement of sustainable building design.
- Construction field experience is a plus.
- Experience with Passive house construction is a plus.
This position is open to recently licensed or non-registered graduates and to individuals without a degree in architecture. The right applicant will have a solid back-ground based in relevant experience, have the required skills, and a clear passion for the profession.
This is a supportive and healthy work environment. The office is directly adjacent to bike trails, parks, restaurants, and public transportation hubs. The office maintains healthy human work hours, provides ergonomic work stations with sit/stand tables and chairs in a comfortable light filled passive house certified building. We take breaks and play soccer in the street or take a walk with our dogs. We believe that good work comes from a good life. We provide paid vacation and holidays, sick-leave, and membership to local pool/fitness/gym thats around the corner from the office. We also provide financial assistance with the architectural licensure process, passive house training, and continuing education.
Applicants are asked to email a resume and examples of Revit projects to: